21 March, 2011

Resting, Planning, Preparing

It's been a nice couple days of rest since finishing the jumpsuit. I've done a little more planning on the sewing room and puzzled on some organizational techniques to fully maximize my space. And I've been psyching myself up for then next phase of my work.
In May, I'll be travelling to both Georgia and Tennessee Renaissance Festivals. I'm planning a new corset (which I've already mentioned) faced with upholstery fabric and interlined with matching suede, then edged with black linen. Also planning two chemises, both linen, one lighter, one heavier; finally I'm going to build a skirt similar to the one I made for St Patrick's Day, but instead of brown and kelly green, I'm going with black and hunter green.
I'm a proud Chieftess of the Clan M'Crack, Head of the O'Cinneide Family. The Clan colours are saffron and hunter green accented with black and white. Up till now, I've not had a full set of M'Crack garb. After growing 3 cup sizes in the last year I needed to make a new corset. I figured why not kill two birds with one stone and make all new M'Crack garb while I'm at it? Makes sense to me.
So in the next few weeks, keep an eye on the blog for updates on the new M'Crack garb as it is completed! Also, I'm soon to be starting my gypsy skirts for etsy. I'll post a journal just on the first one, and if you like what you see, let me know! I'm always happy to do custom commissions and I'll ship most anywhere!

1 comment:

The Patchwork Pirate said...

You go girl! I'm in the same boat as you. As chieftess I figure I should get a set of M'Crack garb together, too.

A toast to the ladies of the Clan M'Crack!!!! For we are mighty.